Monday 22 April 2013

Did someone say Ska?

It's Monday and that can only mean one thing.. Time to cure the hangover, drink too many cups of tea and think back over the well deserved weekend we've all had..
On Friday night my friends and I went to The Birds Nest pub, in Deptford, for a night of live Ska music and to watch our friends band "The Provokers" play, you should check the band out! I've never been to this pub before and it didn't disappoint! It had such a homely feel & was decorated with odd lampshades and mirrors with band posters and wall murals everywhere. I spent the night dancing, mingling and had one too many vodka and OJ's.
Abbie, Me & Dovilea.
Abbie, Me, John (Guitarist of The Provokers) & Dov.
WHAT I WORE
As I was going to be in a pub (& in Deptford) I wanted to keep my outfit quite simple, so I wouldn't get too hot and flustered when watching the bands, which is why I opted for my graphic midi dress and a denim jacket. To me, this dress is perfect. The thin jersey and short sleeves means its wearable for the summer and can be layered up for the winter weather so it's a versatile piece that can be worn during the day or dressed up for a night out with heels and statement jewellery and for £16 I don't 
think you can go wrong..


Dress: River Island, Jacket: Relay Vintage

Necklace: H&M
 
Bag: Charity Shop

Brooch: Vintage Market

Hope you all had a good weekend & did any of you get up to anything nice? If you like my posts please comment or follow me on Bloglovin' and if your a fellow blogger please leave your link as I'd love to take a look.
xox




1 comment: