Saturday 11 May 2013

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream


I don't know about you, but I have been a religious user of BB creams ever since they launched so when I heard that the new "it" facial product was the "CC CREAM", a colour correcting cream, I had to find out more. BB creams are tinted for coverage, are generally SPF 15-20 and contain anti-oxidants to benefit your skin on a day to day basis. CC creams, however, are colour correcting and help address skin issues such as uneven skin tone, sallowness and redness with an SPF of 20-30 (higher than the BB's) They claim to be lighter on the skin than BB creams as they have a whipped, fluffy finish and unlike some BB creams, they're oil-free.

As CC creams are a new product on the market, many brands have yet to release one but after reading reviews, it seems that Clinique's "Moisture Surge CC Cream" is currently one of the most popular so I thought I'd nab myself a 5-day sample to try it out. 

I tried the "Light Medium" shade and on first use the cream had a slight smell, which reminded me of playdough, and when I applied to skin, the texture also resembled that playdough like feel, alas I would not be put off. Once applied, the finish gave an even coverage that DID dull down my redness (on my cheeks) and gave me a really nice overall colour and glow. However, for me, any foundation/cream I use, I like it to be light on the skin and to look natural and with Clinique's, I found it felt quite heavy and as I said before, reminded me of the texture of playdough. 

I'm glad I got a sample of the product before diving in and buying one as I wasn't 100% pleased, but overall I think this CC cream does live up to its reputation and does do a good job as my skin looked fresh and flawless all day at SPF 30 & with a good coverage. At £28, It's pretty pricey so I would suggest trying a sample before purchase but I do think this product is perfect as an all-in-1 cream alternative instead of having to use multiple products during the summer season.


The "Moisture Surge CC Cream" comes in 6 shades: Very Light, Light, Light Medium, Medium, Medium Deep and Deep, however when I recently looked online the website had 3 more shades between 'Light' and 'Light Medium' which were: Fresh Peach, Natural Fair and Natural, so again I would suggest a colour match with a consultant or a 5-day tester before purchase.

I hope you found this post worthwhile for any one interested in trying a CC cream.
Leave a comment or a link to your blog URL (I'd love to take a look) or follow me on Bloglovin'
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment